About In Home Care
In Home Care is a unique, flexible form of education and care that is provided to children within the security of their own home by a qualified registered educator. We offer a quality service that supports a family’s workforce participation and early childhood education and care requirements where other approved child care services are not available or appropriate, particularly for families with complex and challenging needs.
The service is managed by a Coordination Unit that is staffed by a team of child care professionals. Our role is to support educators in providing high quality child care. Our educators must meet strict selection criteria and hold a membership with Bright Futures. We have a strong commitment to creating healthy families and communities while decreasing social isolation of families who otherwise would not be able to access quality child care.
Families looking for In Home Care must show that they are unable to access other types of approved child care and must meet one or more of the following criteria as set by the Australian Government:
- Parents or carers are working non-standard or variable hours, outside normal child care service hours
- Parents or carers are geographically isolated from other types of approved child care, particularly in rural or remote locations
- The family has challenging or complex needs, including where families are experiencing challenging situations, and other approved child care services are not able to meet the needs of the child or the family
Families with challenging or complex circumstances may be experiencing one or more of the following:
- A child with additional needs or a disability whose early childhood education and care requirements cannot be catered for in another child care setting, or through other government funded or community-based services
- A family where a parent is undergoing treatment for a serious illness
- Other complex family situations that prevent families from accessing other approved child care types
Parents can access receive a reduced fee through the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) as a reduced fee and may choose to have their benefits paid to the Service to reduce weekly fees.
If you believe you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for In Home Care, please contact:
If you would like more information about what our service can provide, please contact us.